16 Baby Essentials From The Baby Cubby!
January 31, 2017
So, you’re having a baby and feeling a bit overwhelmed by the surplus of baby products, each product with a variety times 10. I won’t be the first to tell you that there are a lot of baby products out there that you do not need. Many of them are, in fact, completely unnecessary, but the pretty packaging is hard to resist.
This, however, is a list of items from The Baby Cubby that you are going to want to have when baby arrives. If you are one of the lucky ones living in Lindon, Utah you should pay them a visit. Did you know that they offer drive-up ordering!? Moms! Dads! You do not even have to get OUT of your car! THAT is genius and why hasn’t every children’s store followed suit?
Below you will find each item pictured above with a short description and the link on where to purchase on their site.
- Tea Collection Footed Pajamas in Frost & Spray – Zippers! Enough said.
- Aden + Anais Burpy Bibs Burp Cloth (2 pack) – Aden + Anais bibs are notoriously soft and these have the added bonus of 2-for-1 bib and burp cloth! Plus, they cover more surface area than most other bibs. The more coverage the better!
- 4Moms Infant Tub – I wish they made this tub in my size! Have you guys ever checked this brand out? I have tried a variety of other baby tubs, but somehow this one escaped me. This tub allows clean water to flow in while the dirty water flows out. Amazing. No more soapy water getting into your little ones eyes! This tub also has a built in temperature gauge!
- Nuna Mixx Stroller – There’s nothing worse than a stroller that is hard to fold/unfold and doesn’t maneuver well. THIS stroller is the exact opposite. It’s high-quality everything. The majority of the fasteners on the Nuna Mixx are magnetic (brilliant!) and it boasts several different ways for baby to sit in the stroller, has many add-on options, comes in a variety of colors and I’m guessing it will outlive you. This package includes the bassinet, which looks ridiculously comfortable and is suitable for babies up to 20lbs.
- Owlet Baby Vitals Monitor – Let this monitor take your nighttime worries away. It monitors your baby’s breathing and alerts you if their oxygen level or heart rate drop below normal allowing you enough time to get the help you need. It has an app for the iPhone available, so you can receive alerts via the base station as well as on your phone. It is perfect for moms & dads concerned with moving their baby into their own room. It also comes with three different size booties to grow with your baby up to 18 months.
- Nuna Pipa Car Seat w/Base – Pairs perfectly with the Nuna Mixx Stroller for an additional seating option and easy transition to and from car/stroller. Perfect for those times when baby falls asleep in the stroller (always happens!) and you don’t want to wake them up to move them to their car seat.
- Ju Ju Be Be Neat Bib -This bib has a magnetic closure to make for easy on-off. It is reversible with a crumb catcher pocket on the bottom. Made out of teflon so stains don’t stick, but is soft and flexible so baby is comfy. AgION Antimicrobial Lining which kills germs, bacteria and all of the bad stuff. Yes, please! Kill all the bad stuff, all day long.
- Ubbi Diaper Pail – This is not the diaper pail I currently have, but I’m not against switching to it. I’ve asked around and this one sounds like it does an incredible job at trapping the poo scent in. Plus, you don’t have to buy special bags for it; you can use regular garbage bags for the baby poo!
- Crib/Changing Table Bundle – You guys, this beautiful baby furniture bundle is currently on sale! A crib + mattress, changing table/dresser for less than $1,150 (with a great neutral color option for boy or girl, in my opinion). And guess what? This also includes $100 in gift cards to The Baby Cubby as well as the Owlet Baby Vitals Monitor! That is a steal of a deal.
- Ju Ju Be Diaper Bag – The zipper on the main compartment zips all the way down on both sides of the bag for easy access; no more blindly digging! Color coded tabs on each pocket to keep track of which kids items are in each compartment. It has a structured bottom with luggage feet making it great for daytripping or as a carry-on while flying. It even has crumb drains?! Which I did not even know was a thing, but I want it.
- Boon Flair Pedestal High Chair – My friends who have the Boon Flair Pedestal High Chair looooove it. It doesn’t have any cracks or crevices for food and what not to get caught in. It has a pneumatic lift to easily adjust it to the height you need (think of a hairdresser’s chair) making it easy to pull up to fit underneath a dining table if you’d like. Six caster wheels allow you to pull to desired destination with ease minus scratching surfaces (would work better on tile, wood or any type of hard flooring vs. carpet). It has a 5-point harness system for safety, removable seat cushion + tray for easy washing (can be washed in dishwasher), a lock which can easily be engaged with a pump of your foot and great color options to boot!
- Dock-A-Tot Baby Lounger – I don’t think there is any item I used more for my babies in the early months than a baby lounger. I did not have this specific one, but everything I’ve read about it and based on reviews it is quality and a worthwhile purchase. Trust me, you will get PLENTY of use out of this. Especially considering this lounger can be used for resting, tummy time, diaper changing, co-sleeping plus more for babies NB-8 months old.
- Avent Baby Bottle – More than likely you are going to want to have a bottle or two handy, whether to give mommy a break or if breastfeeding doesn’t work out as well as you’d hoped. The Avent brand is easy to clean, won’t leak in your diaper bag or cause nipple confusion and is all natural and BPA free.
- Bumbo Floor Seat – Another one of my very favorite baby products is the Bumbo! It’s like having an extra set of hands, but not. If that makes any sense? Very portable, designed for babies who cannot sit up on their own yet which leaves you hands-free to do other tasks, yet your baby can still feel involved by being close to you. Seat has a harness strap for safety and can be used up until the age of my-legs-are-too-fat-to-squish-into-the-leg-slots.
- Ergobaby Four Position 360 Carrier and/or Happy Baby Wrap – I personally have an Ergobaby (love it!) and a baby wrap (not the Happy Baby brand). I love my Ergobaby for times when my movements are more intense (i.e. hiking). I’ve found that it holds everything in place a little bit better than a wrap (“everything” being my baby). The Ergobaby 360 Carrier is an improvement upon the one I have and allows you to carry your baby in four different positions; front-inward, front-outward, hip and back. I’ve found it’s nicer to have a wrap handy for around the house where I want my movements to not be as restricted. Great for wearing baby while cooking, doing laundry, etc. They are ideal for carrying baby in warmer weather and this particular brand can support your babe up to 25lbs.
- 4Moms MamaRoo – I feel like they should’ve called this the wombie. The MamaRoo mimics the motions felt by babies in the womb. Obviously this has to be the most soothing piece of baby equipment on Earth then, right? I think yes.
Absolutely everything they do is driven by what they believe. They believe that moms are superheroes, that being a mother and a parent is the hardest and most important job in the world. They believe that children can bring out the best in everyone and remind us to live in a world filled with magic & innocence. They believe there is more to life than making money and they regularly give back to charities for mothers and children through in-store events, fundraising, and donations.
They have set themselves apart from other baby stores in that they offer drive-up shopping, hundreds of hours spent researching the products they choose to sell in their store in a “good, better, best” format, QR codes on price tags, iPads available for you to do your own research on products, couch and play area, and massages for purchasing patrons.
Their mission is to create an innovative, convenient, and fun shopping experience for parents. They’ve done just that. Parents, they are here to be a resource for you throughout this journey. On their website you will find a list of links under ‘Resources’ with buying guides from strollers to diaper bags among many others. So, the next time you are in need of a baby product or some baby advice remember that The Baby Cubby is here to help!
This post was sponsored by The Baby Cubby®.